“In real open source, you have the right to control your own destiny.”Linus Torvalds
xs:code – Redis Labs collaboration
We believe that keeping a sustainable open source ecosystem, means getting open source developers the resources they need to continue developing the amazing free software we all use.
At xs:code, we’ve made it our mission to connect open source developers with the software companies that use their projects. With more and more companies using xs:code to find paid solutions, support and licensing for the open source components they use – we aim to help as many open source developers discover the potential of offering paid products and services on top of their free code, and turn their open source projects into steady sources of revenue.
This is why we’ve collaborated with Redis Labs to offer open source developers a unique opportunity to kick-start the monetization of their projects, and start offering paid items with their Redis-related open source repositories.
We’re happy to announce a $15,000 fund that is dedicated solely to open source developers working on Redis related projects. If you are developing a Redis related open source project and you want to start monetizing it, you’re automatically entitled to participate in our grant plan, where we match the revenue your project generates on xs:code. For every dollar you make – we’ll pay you a dollar. No need to apply or qualify – just develop an open source project that is Redis-related and monetize it with xs:code.
Claiming Your Grant
1. Sign up to xs:code at xscode.com
2. Import your Github repository to xs:code in order verify you are its owner. Make sure to include the “Redis” topic in your Github repository to be included in the grant program.
3. Create one or more paid items and start selling. Not sure how? This tutorial will get you started with setting up monetization on your open source project:
4. After your paid items are set up – Make sure to include our badge and links to your xs:code storefront in your readme.md file on Github, and also any information about what you are selling on xs:code. The more people you send to your xs:code store from Github – the more likely you are to generate sales.
5. Once you start making sales – we will add $1 to your account for every $1 you make on xs:code. Terms and conditions apply.
- Ready to Get started? Click here
- Want to learn more about how xs:code works? Check our knowledge base.
- Check out projects already participating here.
- Questions? email us at [email protected]
Terms and Conditions
- Maximum revenue matching is $500 per project.
- Only the first 30 projects to join xs:code are eligible to participate in the grant program.
- Project must be Redis-related to qualify.
- You must claim your repository on xs:code before June 14th 2020 to be eligible for a cash grant.
- Cash grants are considered a part of a project’s gross revenue and subject to our standard commission at payout.
See the full terms and conditions here